As the name says, this is 5.11 Tactical’s 72-hour pack, and yes there is plenty of space in there. The design of the bag is good and all the various pouches and pockets are well layed out.
The pack has a large internal compartment with different pockets inside to allow you organise your kit. There is also a smaller compartment to the front with even more pockets inside of it. Both the main and front compartments have a duel zipper. There is a heavy-duty handle at the top of the pack for quick bug outs.
For those of us who like to look cool and stylish when deployed, there is a fleece-lined sunglasses pocket. Both sides of the pack have large side pooches which are ideal for storing water bottles or quick grab items.
The shoulder straps are well padded, and once adjusted correctly, provide ample cushioning. There is also a waist and chest strap; the waist strap can be folded away when not needed.
One of the best features of the back is the Molle system, which covers most of the pack including the side pooches and shoulder straps. This feature allows you to add or remove extra pouches and webbing depending on the requirements of your task.
Specs From 5.11 Tactical:
- Full-featured 72 hour backpack
- Ideal for recreational use or as an operational bug out bag
- Dual-zippered front and main compartments with molded grip pulls
- Multiple integrated organization pockets
- Admin organization pocket to store maps, pens, and documents
- Fleece-lined sunglass pocket
- Internal hydration compartment with hangers and toggles
- Cinching waist strap and dual compression straps
- Adjustable dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps
- Built from high strength, water-repellant 1000D nylon
- 2894 cu in, 47.5 liter capacity
- Contour yoke system with grab and go handle
- Rugged, self-healing YKK® zipper hardware
- Integrated drainage grommet
(Featured Image Courtesy: Tactical Solutions Corporation)