For the long range shooters who are looking for a great sling to place on their long gun that is not only durable, but is also combat-proven, versatile, and made in the USA, I highly recommend the Elite Biathlon Sling made by TAB Gear.
I’ve known the owner of TAB Gear for some time now and have used his products while serving as a sniper in the 75th Ranger Regiment. I’ve used a lot of slings throughout my career in and out of the military, some I liked and some I hated. The TAB Gear Elite Biathlon Sling rates at the top and is used by some of our nation’s finest. The biathlon slings do not require a conversion kit in order to fit it to different rifles. You will need to just have additional attachments to fit your stock.
- Heavy duty 1 ½” webbing, the same webbing we use in all of our rifle slings
- 1 ½” COBRA Buckles
- Shoulder straps are constructed of 1000 Denier Cordura, closed cell foam, and are separated to prevent neck pinching
- User adaptability, shooter can change out swivels to fit different weapon systems
- Weapon is supported by both shoulders, instead of one, which means less shooter fatigue after long periods of travel
- Weapon is centered on the back for better balance when using two hands for other tasks such as carrying a primary weapon, or navigating steep terrain
- Adjustable loop for shooting support
- Available with heavy duty swivel, HK hook, or flush cup swivel attachments