Smith & Wesson Corporation announced the addition of its new M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series to the M&P M2.0 pistol family. Available in 9mm and .40 S&W, the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series builds upon the popularity of the new M&P M2.0 platform in a versatile, carry-size configuration. The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol is purpose-built for both personal and professional use.
James Debney, President and CEO of American Outdoor Brands Corporation, said, “When we introduced the M&P M2.0 pistol family back in January, we announced our plans to expand the next-generation M2.0 product platform beyond the full-size design. Our M&P M2.0 pistols represent a growing family of products, developed through feedback from our professional and civilian customers to deliver the performance and features they desire. Offered in both 9mm and .40 S&W, the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series features a 15 or 13 round capacity depending on caliber, and a 4-inch barrel, blending a feature set that offers both shootability and concealment. The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series bridges the gap for those who want a single firearm for professional use, personal protection, carry, or practice at the range. We believe the new M&P M2.0 Compact series will be sought after by consumers whose purchase option in this category has, until now, been limited primarily to the Glock 19 or 23.”
The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series offers consumers a reliable, striker-fired pistol that delivers a compact carry advantage with the advanced M2.0 feature set, including an aggressively-textured grip, four interchangeable palmswell inserts, and light, crisp M2.0 trigger with a tactile and audible reset. The pistol features a solid, molded polymer frame designed for comfort and durability, as well as the optimal M&P pistol 18-degree grip angle for a natural point of aim. Chambered in 9mm and .40 S&W with a 4” barrel, the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol comes standard with a white-dot front sight and a white two-dot rear sight, and either a 15 round 9mm or 13 round .40 S&W magazine.
M&P M2.0 Compact pistol features include:
Superior Ergonomic Design
– M&P pistol’s optimal 18-degree grip angle, providing a natural point of aim
– M&P pistol’s low barrel-bore axis – more comfortable to shoot, faster aim recovery
– Four interchangeable dimensional palmswell grips for best-in-class fit: S, M, ML, L
– New aggressive M2.0 textured grip for enhanced control
– New front cocking serrations
– New M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
– Tactile and audible trigger reset
– Accurate 1 in 10″ twist barrel in both 9mm and .40 S&W
– Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
– Tactical white 3-dot steel sights for quick target acquisition
– Ambidextrous slide stop, reversible magazine release, and optional ambidextrous thumb safety
– Simple M&P pistol take-down lever, for easy disassembly and maintenance
– M&P pistol sear deactivation lever – safe take-down without having to pull the trigger
The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol is available both with and without an ambidextrous thumb safety, and priced at an MSRP of $569. The pistol ships with two magazines, including two magazine extender sleeves for use with full-size magazines, as well as a limited lifetime warranty and lifetime service policy.
For more information about the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series, including spec sheets and images, please click here.
For more information on Smith & Wesson products, please visit www.smith-wesson.com
About Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Corp. is a provider of quality firearms for personal protection, target shooting and hunting in the global consumer and professional markets. Smith & Wesson is world famous for its handguns and long guns sold under the Smith & Wesson®, Performance Center®, M&P®, Thompson/Center Arms™, and Gemtech® brands. Through its Manufacturing Services Division, Smith & Wesson Corp. also provides forging, machining, and precision plastic injection molding services to a wide variety of consumer goods companies. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com.