Tyler Grey is back with Rob from the Core Group to continue their home security assessment. If you missed part 1, you can watch it HERE. In this day and age you can’t afford to leave your front door unlocked when you go to bed for the night. The world is full of evil, full of bad guys wanting to do bad things. In order to keep our families safe we need to take proactive actions to secure our homes now. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to make your home more secure. There are plenty of things that can be done on the cheap.
- Lock all doors and windows at night
- Replace the strike plate and screws on your outside doors with 3″ screws. Just this along will make your main entrance much harder to kick open.
- Put up a ‘Beware of Dog’ Sign on the window next to your main entrance. Many would be bad guys are afraid of dogs and don’t know if the sign is for real or a bluff. That may be enough to make them think twice and decide to go look for a easier target.
- Have the necessary tools on your nightstand to deal with a possible threat in the middle of the night. For more on that read our article on the Tactical Nightstand.
- Depending on how much money you’re willing to spend, you can also increase the amount of outdoor lighting.
Check out the following video to get an idea of what goes through the mind of a bad guy when looking to break into a house.
(featured image courtesy of smartarmortech.com)