You just spent a decent amount of money on fancy running shoes, so why would you run in a pair of cheapo socks? The Smartwool PhD Running Ultra Light 3/4 crew sock has an advanced degree in comfort and support to work with your new running shoes and provide increased performance and comfort. It’s a great sock for those who desire Smartwool’s comfortable performance in a crew height. These socks pair well with the Merrell Moab Ventilator hiking shoes.
Built on Smartwool’s new 4-Degree Elite Fit System, these socks use two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep them snug and secure for an all-day performance fit. ReliaWool Technology in high-impact areas provides longer-lasting protection to keep your feet comfortable. Strategic mesh zones provide maximum ventilation.
- Elasticized arch brace for added support
- Flat-knit toe seam eliminates chafing and irritation caused by the toe seam
- Wool-on-wool system adds an extra layer of wool to the heel and toe areas for shock-absorption and durability.
- Made with odor-reducing New Zealand Zque Merino wool.
- Material: 66 percent Merino wool, 31-percent nylon, and three-percent elastane
- Height: 3/4 crew
- Recommended use: running, hiking, and streetwear
- MSRP: $17.95 direct from SmartWool
- Made is the USA
I’d like to point out that, although wool is excellent at wicking moisture away from the skin, it also tends to retain moisture longer than synthetic fabrics—nylon, for example. In other words, wool dries slower than synthetic materials. Personally, I haven’t had an issue with SmartWool socks being damp or wet from sweat; I know this because I wore a pair while running a Tough Mudder event.
I suppose this is due to the fact that SmartWool socks are made of 31-percent nylon to help in this department. The SmartWool PhD Ultra Light Crew Socks from SmartWool work as advertised. They keep my feet warm and dry, without the irritation commonly associated with wool. On warmer days, these socks also ventilate well to reduce overheating. They are ideal for running or other outdoor activities in moderately cool conditions, too.
Get out and enjoy the outdoors in comfort with a pair of Smartwool socks.
(Featured image courtesy of competitivecyclist.com)