Finding the right bag to carry all of your essentials in addition to CCW gear can be a daunting task. Fortunately, Vanquest has been doing just that with great success. I previously reviewed the Möbius 2.0 VPacker from Vanquest and have used it quite often. The Skitch 12 is more of a traditional messenger bag. With a single shoulder strap, the Skitch 12 lays flat against your body. Perfect for blending into urban environments or while riding a bike. This tactical attaché also features dual locking #8 YKK zippers along the “body side” of the bag for rapid access to a CCW ready compartment. Just add a hook loop holster and magazine pouch and you’re good to go.
What really separates the Skitch 12 is its ability to morph into 4 different sizes to accommodate differing loadouts. Short, Medium, Tall and Open Top. Configured in the 14 liter “short” mode, the Skitch 12 resembles a traditional bike messenger bag. A single flap top is secured by a pair of Duraflex buckles along with two strips of hook-loop tape. The Skitch 12 further transforms into a 16 liter dry-bag style roll-top case offering extra space while keeping the elements out. Keeping your contents dry is due to the use of 1000-D Military Grade Cordura fabric with water repellent Teflon protector.
If neither of these capacities suit your loadout, “tall” mode nearly doubles the size to a whopping 23 liters. This configuration still utilizes the flap top and is secured with full length straps and buckles. Finally, “open-top” mode will fit anything that didn’t quite fit into the “tall” configuration. While the smaller 14 and 16 liter configurations are the most practical and most utilized, the expanding capabilities of the Skitch 12 are nice in a pinch.
Hi-Vis orange 210-D ripstop nylon line the interior of the Skitch 12 offering great contrast. Allowing the user to quickly identify its contents. A front organizer panel is perfect for storing small EDC items, flashlight, pens, phone, etc. A generously padded ambidextrous shoulder strap helps to distribute the load while a neoprene wrapped handle makes hand carry a comfortable option. Rounding out this well thought-out bag are two rows of MOLLE webbing providing the user with additional adaptaptability.
Vanquest Skitch 12 specifications courtesy of vanquest.com
- Weight: 2.05lbs.
- Short carry mode: 12.5″ x 11″ x 4.5″ 14 liters
- Medium carry mode: 12.5″ x 13″ x 4.5″ 16 liters
- Tall carry mode: 12.5″ x 17″ x 4.5″ 23 liters
- Padded TSA friendly compartment fits tablets and laptops up to 13″
- Pass through zipper on flap for accessing interior
- Rear compartment with loop lining for CCW holsters
- 5 zippered compartments and 6 hook loop closed pockets
- Ambidextrous design with 2 liter hydration bladder compatibility
- Luggage handle pass through
- Adjustable shoulder strap with shoulder pad and stabilizer strap
- MOLLE/PALS webbing on front and sides for expansion attachment
- Morale patch holder on front
- MSRP $129.99 Sale $77.89