The Suunto Ambit 2 is my favorite watch hands down and in the last 37 years I’ve been a runner and athlete I’ve had many watches. The Ambit2 R is a running-focused watch which comes as a derivative of the Ambit2 line that was introduced earlier last year. What makes it a good watch are its features, a sleek-simple look, reasonable price and overall it stacks up very well against comparable models from other companies. If you are a very active person and get outdoors a lot to cycle, swim or run then this is the watch for you. Being able to track your times and distances is going to let you track your progress. This means you can aspire to be a badass because you have a plan. Don’t screw this up-stay focused and use this thing to get where you need to get going.
Here are some of the features:
- App Zone – Use apps like Interval Coach, Ghost Runner, Running Efficiency, and Marathon Estimate.
- Cadence –During certain time intervals it tracks how many steps you are taking.
- Customized Workout – You can develop your own workout, input it, and go.
- Full-featured GPS –The watch connects rapidly to satellite in less than 5 seconds; includes Navigation and Routes.
- MovesCount Interface – Great feature for runners. Just download the apps, load your workouts, and share.
- Real Time VO2 Max – Provides you with a VO2 measurement mid-run to see how hard you are working.
- Track back / Find back – If you get lost, these features direct you back to the starting point of your run.
Continue reading on Spotter Up
Featured image courtesy of Spotter Up