Trying to find the right balance between lightweight, durability, and comfort in a pair of boots can be tough. I’ve ordered several pairs of lightweight hiking boots in the past, only to be disappointed after trying them on and realizing how uncomfortable they are. I decided again to order another pair of boots online – this time via the Boot Campaign website. What I received was not only a reliable pair of lightweight hiking boots, but I was also supporting the military by doing so – that’s a win win in my book. Upon receiving the Under Armour Alegent boots, I slipped them on and was immediately impressed by the comfort level. There was virtually no break in period needed. Only time will tell how well they stand up to abuse on the trail and in the woods.
From The Boot Campaign Website:
This limited edition co-branded BC/UA boot is Under Armour’s first product designed exclusively for America’s finest. This limited edition boot features the iconic Boot Campaign logo embroidered on the heel and is a lighter, more minimalist design that doesn’t skimp on protection. That means less fatigue, less weight. Under Armour spine technology on the outsole provides aggressive traction and greater flexibility. In short, this boot lets you tackle even the toughest terrain.
- A slimmer athletic cut delivers better mobility without the bulk of extra fabric. These are very reminiscent of the jungle boots I wore while active duty in the Marine Corps back in the 1990’s. Although much more comfortable.
- PS4 puncture-proof insole keeps feet safe in rough terrain.
- Aggressive UA spine chassis forms a lightweight structure around the sole for awesome support without sacrificing flexibility.
- Side vents allow for airflow and are also good for drainage in times of muddy trail hikes or stream crossings.
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 15 oz. – these boots are seriously the best lightweight hiking boots I’ve ever owned – I’ve been through several brands and styles. When you pick them up you’ll know what I’m talking about.
- With your purchase of these boots, more than $50 goes towards the Boot Campaign’s mission.
- MSRP – $147.99 direct from the Boot Campaign website.
What is the mission of The Boot Campaign?
Established in 2009, the Boot Campaign is a national 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to promoting patriotism for America and our military community; raising awareness of the unique challenges service members face during and post-service; and providing assistance to military personnel, past and present, and their families. Retail sales of combat boots, apparel and mission-focused merchandise, general public donations and corporate sponsorships fund programs that support military families. These efforts extend to all generations of military personnel who endure significant physical, emotional and circumstantial hardships resulting from their service and sacrifice.
If you’re in the market for a new pair of boots regardless if it’s the Under Armour Alegent boots or not; get them from the Boot Campaign and support our military at the same time.