I haven’t been known to be a huge fan of the Beretta, I’m more of a Benelli guy myself, but after looking at Beretta’s 1301 competition shotgun, I am truly impressed.
Beretta’s 1301 Competition shotgun is a gas-operated, semi-automatic shotgun designed for 3-Gun and practical shooting, not the inertia driven systems that we are accustomed to with the Benelli. Beretta states that “the loading and ejection ports have been increased in size to allow for fast loading and unloading. The BLINK gas operating system, featuring a cross tube gas piston, cycles up to 36-percent faster than any other shotgun on the market.” A shotgun that cycles rounds “36% faster” than shotguns on the market to date really intrigues me as I’ve seen Benelli’s shoot under a round per second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L_M8C7GNmI.
The Beretta 1301 Competition: Performance. Speed. Ready to go.
• Blink Gas Operating System – cycles 36% faster than the competition
• 5+1 capacity (without removable plug)
• 21” or 24” Steelium Barrel with stepped wide sporting rib Mid bead and front fiber optic sight
• Oversized cocking handle and bolt release lever
• Short stock with aggressive non-slip checkering and adjustable length of pull
• Receiver with over-sized loading and ejection port; tapped and drilled for rail mount option
• Optima Bore HP Interchangeable choke system. IC Choke (flush) included
You can see the Beretta 1301 Competition in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IvdKDH4dnE&list=UU8wVAykz7MV5QeFQNbOFBVg#t=78