Published on August 4th, 2013 | by Nick Irving21
The “Reaper 33″ AR-15!
After talking with the guys over at Arsenal Democracy, we decided to build an AR-15 upper named “Reaper 33″! Something that I take great pride in, is the fact that the “Reaper 33″ is not only made from high quality material, but it is manufactured here in the US by former and active duty Special Forces and Special Operations operators, and tested by US Army Rangers, Green Berets, Navy SEAL’s, and Delta Force operators!
After receiving the package containing the customized AR-15 10.5″ upper along with a few other goodies, I started the initial testing. We will be conducting a wide variety of test over the course of 1 month to ensure its reliability, accuracy, etc. I wanted to share some of the test with you, there will also be a variety of videos that will be posted as well. The first video will be available for viewing Saturday of this week!
- Accuracy: The accuracy test will be conducted by myself and another former US Army Ranger Sniper. Having a weapon that shoots 1-2 MOA is what I believe any carbine shooter strives for. Cranking out thousands of rounds that continuously shoot with superb accuracy is a MUST!
- Drop Test: The basic drop test basically ensures the weapon will not crack, fracture, fall apart, etc. This test is done from 10 feet on a hard surface such as concrete.
- Helo Drop Test: This is one of my favorites! We will be dropping this upper from a moving helicopter from 85-100 feet. The weapon should not fall apart and still retain its accuracy!
- Dirt, Mud, Sand Test: The title says it all. Covering the weapon in all of the described elements over a 24 hour period, retrieving the weapon, and firing the weapon to ensure functionality and accuracy.
- US Navy SEAL Team Test: That’s right. Heading over to the West Coast to meet up with a few good active duty Navy SEAL’s and put the weapon through its cycle! Expect a ton of punishment, demolition, diving, etc.!
- C.A.G. Test: The C.A.G. test will be conducted by a former Delta Force operator. This should be interesting!
Stay tuned for updates and videos!
Nick, any idea what kind of upper this is? I'm diggin the left side with Arsenal Democracy and Reaper 33 engraved. Kinda looks like a VLTOR upper but its not quite it.
Nick you are the MAN! I can't wait to work with you this winter, and looking forward to seeing this workup.
I assume the Delta guy will be dragging it to the gates of hell? Why is the lower an orange-ish color?
@Obsolete Ahhahahahah, man you're something! The name is on the UPPER!
@dm8471 ^^^ What he said, not a fan of guns shitting where it eats but if it gets the job done, it gets the job done!
@dm8471 I'm asian and I can tell it's a DI! C'mon man!
@Jake75 It's an off brownish/red color! As of tonight, it matches the upper, slightly darker. The Delta guy will run it through the gates of hell after performing a proper breech at the gates. lol
@Jake75 ....??? You mean red.???
@dm8471 What I mean by Asian is I got some small squinty eyes!
@Reaper375 Lol, okay good. I'm looking forward to seeing the tests.
@ObsoleteI've you a hint if you haven't seen it already, you even stated it in the comment above: "After talking with the guys over at Arsenal Democracy, we decided to build an AR-15 upper named “Reaper 33″!"